Here’s a prediction you can count on: At least one fortune cookie maker will be changing its messages.
Wonton Foods, a Brooklyn, N.Y., maker of fortune cookies, will no longer include romantic fortunes, reports The New York Post. The baker says it received numerous complaints from parents about some of its fortunes.
Vice President David Wong told The Post that if the company gets more than a few complaints, it will remove any particular fortune from circulation. “Messages have to be rated G. They can’t be offensive,” said Wong.
Among the fortunes removed are:
- Romance and travel go together
- The evening promises romantic interest
- A romantic mystery will soon add interest to your life
Among the new fortunes are:
- You make every day special
- No one on Earth is as beautiful as you
- Only love makes us see ordinary things in an extraordinary way
More stories about parents:
- Parents, Kids Not Digging the New Chuck E. Cheese Mascot
- Don’t Ask Your Parents for Help With Retirement Planning
- Oops! Kid’s Meal Calendar Contains Pic of Nude Woman