Tesla CEO Takes to Twitter Over ‘Fake’ NYT Review
by Nate Wooley | February 12, 2013 8:54 am
A car review from The New York Times is being challenged as fake.
Tesla (NASDAQ:TSLA) CEO Elon Musk took exception to the review written by NYT columnist John M. Broder, according to Treehugger.com. Broder reviewed the company’s Model S sedan and was very critical of its ability to drive long distances on a charge. Broder argued that the ability of the car to hold a charge in cold weather was limited, too.
Tesla shares slid 2% yesterday following the review.
However, Broder didn’t know that his use of the car was being tracked. In a series of tweets, Musk made these observations:
- NYTimes article about Tesla range in cold is fake. Vehicle logs tell true story that he didn’t actually charge to max & took a long detour.
- Tesla blog coming soon detailing what actually happened on Broder’s NYTimes “range test”. Also lining up other journalists to do same drive.
- Tesla data logging is only turned on with explicit written permission from customers, but after Top Gear BS, we always keep it on for media.
Musk later mentions that he appreciates The New York Times and that in a previous review, it stated that the Tesla got 300 miles on a charge.
More stories about automobiles:
- Hottest New Cars From the Detroit Auto Show
- Toyota Recalls More Than 1M Cars for Air Bag, Wiper Defects
- Should Investors Even Pay Attention to Auto Shows?
- [Image]: http://investorplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/tesla_model_s_630.jpg
- TSLA: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=TSLA
- according to Treehugger.com: http://www.treehugger.com/cars/new-york-times-model-s-review-fake-says-tesla-ceo-elon-musk-twitter.html
- very critical of its ability to drive long distances on a charge: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/10/automobiles/stalled-on-the-ev-highway.html?_r=0
- shares slid 2% yesterday: http://investorplace.com/2013/02/tesla-shares-slide-on-nyt-review/
- Hottest New Cars From the Detroit Auto Show: http://investorplace.com/2013/01/hottest-new-cars-from-the-detroit-auto-show/
- Toyota Recalls More Than 1M Cars for Air Bag, Wiper Defects: http://investorplace.com/2013/01/toyota-recalls-more-than-1m-cars-for-air-bag-wiper-defects/
- Should Investors Even Pay Attention to Auto Shows?: http://investorplace.com/2013/01/should-investors-even-pay-attention-to-auto-shows/
Source URL: http://investorplace.com/2013/02/tesla-ceo-takes-to-twitter-over-fake-nyt-review/
Short URL: http://investorplace.com/?p=305749
Copyright ©2013 InvestorPlace Media, LLC. All rights reserved. 700 Indian Springs Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601.