Top Playthings From the 2013 International Toy Fair
by Nate Wooley | February 13, 2013 1:29 pm
The International Toy Fair in New York City is showing off more than 150,000 new toys to distract and amuse both children and adults.
The hit of the show is a small robot dog named Zoomer, reports USA Today. Zoomer is a lifelike canine that can respond to voice commands. It’s even programmed to learn what its owner likes and dislikes.
Here are some of the toy trends that are evident at the show:
- Robots: Many robot toys are out that use a variety of input systems. Some even used smartphones to receive commands.
- Dolls and makeup: Barbie debuted a new makeup kit that allowed for little girls to use technology to simulate putting on makeup without the mess.
- Between virtual and real: New toys from the Skylanders series allow kids to play with toys in the real world and change the online environment
- Outdoor fun: Some toys are passing up the online craze and encouraging the kids to go outside and just play.
More stories about toys and games:
- Toy Stocks: 2 to Play, 2 to Re-Gift
- Toy Hall of Fame Welcomes Two Inductees
- Cat Beats Iron: Monopoly Selects a New Token
- reports USA Today: http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2013/02/11/toy-fair/1910391/
- Toy Stocks: 2 to Play, 2 to Re-Gift: http://investorplace.com/2012/12/toy-maker-stocks-2-to-play-2-to-re-gift/
- Toy Hall of Fame Welcomes Two Inductees: http://investorplace.com/2012/11/toy-hall-of-fame-welcomes-two-inductees/
- Cat Beats Iron: Monopoly Selects a New Token: http://investorplace.com/2013/02/cat-beats-iron-monopoly-selects-a-new-token/
Source URL: http://investorplace.com/2013/02/top-playthings-from-the-2013-international-toy-fair/
Short URL: http://investorplace.com/?p=306877
Copyright ©2013 InvestorPlace Media, LLC. All rights reserved. 700 Indian Springs Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601.