Digg Plans to Replace Google Reader
by Nate Wooley | March 26, 2013 12:03 pm
Popular site Digg announced that it plans to replace Google (NASDAQ:GOOG) Reader.
The popular social news service — in a post on its website — said that it would work towards building a new reading service to replace the canceled system, reports The Los Angeles Times.
The company says the blog post received more than 800 comments. In a statement, the company said, “That’s more than we received when we told the world we were rebuilding Digg itself. It’s also proof that Google Reader users (and RSS devotees in general) are rabid information addicts with strong opinions.”
While the company hasn’t set a specific date for the release of its new reader, it has hinted that it wants it up and running before Google shuts down its own popular service in a few months.
More stories about the Internet:
- Online Gaming Firm Gets First-Ever U.S. Permit
- Pandora CEO to Step Down, Shares Surge
- Man Sues Yahoo for ‘Cheating’ Him of Millions
- [Image]: http://investorplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/digg.png
- GOOG: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=GOOG
- its website: http://blog.digg.com/post/45355701332/were-building-a-reader
- reports The Los Angeles Times: http://www.latimes.com/business/technology/la-fi-tn-digg-rss-reader-google-20130325,0,687517.story
- Online Gaming Firm Gets First-Ever U.S. Permit: http://investorplace.com/2013/03/online-gaming-firm-gets-first-ever-u-s-permit/
- Pandora CEO to Step Down, Shares Surge: http://investorplace.com/2013/03/pandora-ceo-to-step-down-shares-surge/
- Man Sues Yahoo for ‘Cheating’ Him of Millions: http://investorplace.com/2013/03/man-sues-yahoo-for-cheating-him-of-millions/
Source URL: http://investorplace.com/2013/03/digg-plans-to-replace-google-reader/
Short URL: http://invstplc.com/1fqMMDR
Copyright ©2015 InvestorPlace Media, LLC. All rights reserved. 700 Indian Springs Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601.