American Movil (NYSE:AMX) co-chairman Carlos Slim tops this year’s Forbes list of top billionaires.
Also sitting in the top ranks of the list are Microsoft‘s (NASDAQ:MSFT) Bill Gates, Berkshire Hathaway‘s (NYSE:BRK.B) Warren Buffett and Amancio Ortega of Spain. Forbes compiled the list using assets and discounting debts. The magazines makes the effort to confirm its figures with the men and women on the list but says that only some of them cooperate.
Here’s the top 10 billionaires:
- Carlos Slim: $73 billion
- Bill Gates: $67 billion
- Amancio Ortega: $57 billion
- Warren Buffett: $53.5 billion
- Larry Ellison: $43 billion
- Charles Koch: $34 billion
- David Koch: $34 billion
- Li Ka-Shing: $31 billion
- Liliane Bettencourt & Family: $30 billion
- Bernard Arnault: $29 billion