Cat food sold by Diamond Pet Foods is being recalled because it contains less vitamin B1 than stated.
The company says the pet food — which is being recalled in 25 states — has not caused an negative health events in cats but will not provide adequate nutrition, reports eMaxHealth.
The recall applies to these packages of cat food:
- Premium Edge Finicky Adult Cat Formula, 6 and 18 lb bags
- Premium Edge Senior Cat Hairball Management Formula, 6 and 18 lb bags
- Premium Edge Kitten Formula, 6 oz sample bags, 6 and 18 lb bags
- Diamond Naturals Kitten Formula, 6 oz sample bags, 6 lb bags
- 4health All Life Stages Cat Formula, 5 lb and 18 lb bags
The states that the recall covers are Alabama, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Vermont, Virginia and West Virginia.
Those who wish to comment, get replacement bags or obtain a refund can call (888) 965-6131 for further information.
More stories about recalls:
- 38,000 Pounds of Sausage Recalled
- Kellogg Recalls Special K Red Berries Over Glass Fragments
- Spinach Recall for E. Coli Hits 39 States