As much as anything can be traditional in a medium that’s only two decades old, of course. Still, the habit of websites making jokes and publishing silly things is widespread on April Fool’s Day.
Here are some of today’s best:
- Google (NASDAQ:GOOG) announced that it was launching Google Nose Beta, a scent-based search engine.
- Twitter told users that if they wanted to use vowels they would have to pay $5 per month.
- Scope debuted bacon-flavored mouthwash.
- The Guardian newspaper said it had developed glasses to allow users to see “liberal” or “conservative” augmented realities.
- Virgin Atlantic said it would soon start flying glass-bottomed airplanes.
So be wary out there, today! You can never tell what the Internet can do for April Fool’s!