Woman Fights $105,000 Worth of Tickets
by Nate Wooley | April 12, 2013 11:43 am
A Chicago woman is trying to get the city to forgive a hundred thousand dollars’ worth of parking tickets.
The tickets — which total more than $105,000 — were racked up when her boyfriend abandoned her car at O’Hare Airport, CBSChicago is reporting.
According to the woman, police continued writing tickets on the vehicle over a period of three years — eventually, the tickets reached a six-figure total. The woman has sued the city to eliminate the tickets but a judge rejected her suit and encouraged the two parties to find a solution.
According to a website that tracks tickets, the city offered to accept $2,500 to pay off the tickets but the woman refused, citing an inability to pay.
More stories about government:
- Government Considers Countrywide Porn Ban
- Government Agency Changes Mind on Gassy Employee
- Obama Unveils $100 Million Project to Map the Brain
- [Image]: http://investorplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/parking-tickets.jpg
- CBSChicago is reporting: http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/04/11/setback-for-woman-fighting-105000-in-parking-tickets/
- Government Considers Countrywide Porn Ban: http://investorplace.com/2013/02/government-considers-country-wide-porn-ban/
- Government Agency Changes Mind on Gassy Employee: http://investorplace.com/2013/01/government-agency-changes-mind-on-gassy-employee/
- Obama Unveils $100 Million Project to Map the Brain: http://investorplace.com/investorpolitics/obama-unveils-100-million-project-to-map-the-brain/
Source URL: http://investorplace.com/2013/04/woman-fights-105000-worth-of-tickets/
Short URL: http://invstplc.com/1nDRZfS
Copyright ©2014 InvestorPlace Media, LLC. All rights reserved. 700 Indian Springs Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601.