CEOs Rank the Best and Worst States for Business
by Nate Wooley | May 7, 2013 1:27 pm
Texas is the best state in the U.S. in which to do business, according to a recent survey, while California is the worst.
A survey released by Chief Executive magazine this week asked 736 CEOs from around the country to rank the states. Among the factors examined were regulations, tax policies, quality of the local workforce, education, quality of life and local infrastructure.
The biggest gainer on the list this year is Ohio, which climbed 13 spots from 35th to 22nd. Delaware saw the largest drop, falling from 14th to 27th overall.
Here are the top five:
- North Carolina
And the bottom five:
- New York
- New Jersey
Read more about the survey here.
More stories about surveys:
- Consumer Reports: Alarming Findings in U.S. Ground Turkey
- Where Chick-Fil-A Tops MCD as No. 1 Worker Lunch Spot, More Findings
- Survey: ‘Bag Lady’ Fears Are Rampant
- [Image]: http://investorplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Texas.gif
- Read more about the survey here: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases-test/chief-executive-magazine-announces-results-of-annual-ceo-poll-ranking-the-best-and-worst-states-for-business-206403201.html
- Consumer Reports: Alarming Findings in U.S. Ground Turkey: http://investorplace.com/2013/05/consumer-reports-alarming-findings-in-u-s-ground-turkey/
- Where Chick-Fil-A Tops MCD as No. 1 Worker Lunch Spot, More Findings: http://investorplace.com/2013/04/where-chick-fil-a-tops-mcd-as-no-1-worker-lunch-spot-more-findings/
- Survey: ‘Bag Lady’ Fears Are Rampant: http://investorplace.com/2013/04/survey-bag-lady-fears-are-rampant/
Source URL: http://investorplace.com/2013/05/ceos-rank-the-best-and-worst-states-for-business/
Short URL: http://invstplc.com/1foBqA9
Copyright ©2017 InvestorPlace Media, LLC. All rights reserved. 700 Indian Springs Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601.