Gospel Singer Sues McDonald’s for Ruining Voice
by Adam Benjamin | May 20, 2013 10:54 am
A Brooklyn gospel singer is suing McDonald’s (MCD), claiming that a piece of glass lodged in her food ruined her singing voice.
Jacqueline Simpson says the incident occurred in 2010, when she bit into a chicken sandwich and found a piece of glass bigger than a penny. Simpson is a clerk for the state Attorney General’s Office, and says that her voice hasn’t been the same since the incident.
According to Simpson, she can no longer sing soprano, and has to routinely clarify her identity over the phone. She filed the suit on Friday.
More stories about fast food:
- 4 Menu Items McDonald’s Considered Axing
- The Big Business of KFC Chicken Smuggling
- Chipotle to Expand Tofu Test
- MCD: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=MCD
- ruined her singing voice: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/brooklyn/glass_action_suit_vs_mickey_IkO4R6a3qXoHXmCPFQyhhJ
- 4 Menu Items McDonald’s Considered Axing: http://investorplace.com/2013/05/4-menu-items-mcdonalds-considered-axing/
- The Big Business of KFC Chicken Smuggling: http://investorplace.com/2013/05/the-big-business-of-kfc-chicken-smuggling/
- Chipotle to Expand Tofu Test: http://investorplace.com/2013/05/chipotle-to-expand-tofu-test/
Source URL: http://investorplace.com/2013/05/gospel-singer-sues-mcdonalds-for-ruining-voice/
Short URL: http://invstplc.com/1fsFGP8
Copyright ©2016 InvestorPlace Media, LLC. All rights reserved. 700 Indian Springs Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601.