CEO Dies From Single Fire Ant Sting

CEO of Prevent Blindness Georgia was allergic to fire ants

   

A Georgia women died Monday after having a severe allergic reaction to a fire ant sting.

Jenny Pomeroy, 65, was CEO of Prevent Blindness Georgia, a non-profit organization that provides vision screenings, and education about eye disease. Pomeroy had been hospitalized for fire ant stings before. She was carrying a epinephrine autoinjector, a device that injects medicine into the bloodstream, with her when she was stung, reports ABC News.

“Our thoughts and prayers are with Jenny’s family,” Drs. Scott Pastor and Amy Hutchinson, co-chairs for the organization, told ACB News. ”This is a tremendous loss to the vision community and Jenny will forever be remembered as an innovative thinker and a selfless, dedicated leader in Atlanta and across the state of Georgia. We will miss her deeply.”

A memorial service for Pomeroy is planned for July 31 at 11:00 a.m. at First Presbyterian Church of Atlanta, reports ABC News.


Article printed from InvestorPlace Media, http://investorplace.com/2013/07/ceo-dies-from-single-fire-ant-sting/.

©2014 InvestorPlace Media, LLC

Comments are currently unavailable. Please check back soon.