by Ryan Hauck | July 17, 2013 4:35 pm
The British Columbia Coroner’s office Tuesday announced that Glee star Cory Monteith died of an accidental overdose of alcohol and heroin, the AP reports.
Monteith, 31, was found dead in a Vancouver hotel room Saturday after failing to check out on time. Hotel records indicate that Monteith returned to his room alone early Saturday morning. Police have ruled out foul play.
The actor had a long history of substance abuse, once telling Parade that his drinking and drug habits began at the age of 13 and that he used “[a]nything and everything, as much as possible.” Friends and family concerned for his life organized an intervention when Monteith was 19, leading to his first stint in rehab. A second attempt followed in April this year. Monteith told Parade in a 2011 interview that he felt “lucky to be alive.”
At the time of his death, Monteith was dating Glee cast mate Lea Michelle, whose publicist released a statement Tuesday that the actress was grieving and making arrangements with Monteith’s family.
USA Today reports that , the channel that broadcasts Glee, is holding internal discussions as it decides how to handle the show in the wake of Monteith’s death. Glee’s fifth season is currently scheduled to premiere Sept. 19.
Source URL: http://investorplace.com/2013/07/glee-actors-cause-of-death-revealed/
Short URL: http://investorplace.com/?p=374739
Copyright ©2013 InvestorPlace Media, LLC. All rights reserved. 700 Indian Springs Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601.