Hawaiian Airlines Tops Latest Ranking of On-Time Airlines
by Christopher Freeburn | July 12, 2013 11:03 am
It won’t come as any surprise to frequent flyers, but airline flight delays are on the rise this year.
According to a report from the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT), on-time flight arrivals fell from 83.4% in May 2012, to just 79.4% during the same time this year.
Some airlines were more on-time than others, the government noted:
Highest On-Time Arrival Rates:
- Hawaiian Airlines (HA) – 92.4%
- Alaska Airlines (ALK) – 89.6%
- Delta Air Lines (DAL) – 86.2%
Lowest On-Time Arrival Rates:
- AMR‘s (AAMRQ) American Eagle Airlines – 69.9 percent
- Republic Airways‘ (RJET) Frontier Airlines – 73.2 percent
- Mesa Airlines – 73.8 percent
According to the report, there were also five domestic flights that spent more than three hours waiting on the tarmac in May.
You can read the DOT’s entire report here.
- [Image]: http://investorplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/us-airways-stormy-630.jpg
- are on the rise this year: http://www.dot.gov/briefing-room/airlines-report-five-tarmac-delays-over-three-hours-domestic-flights-no-tarmac-delay
- HA: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=HA
- ALK: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=ALK
- DAL: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=DAL
- AAMRQ: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=AAMRQ
- RJET: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=RJET
- here: http://www.dot.gov/briefing-room/airlines-report-five-tarmac-delays-over-three-hours-domestic-flights-no-tarmac-delay
Source URL: http://investorplace.com/2013/07/hawaiian-airlines-tops-latest-ranking-of-on-time-airlines/
Short URL: http://invstplc.com/1nA3tB9
Copyright ©2015 InvestorPlace Media, LLC. All rights reserved. 700 Indian Springs Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601.