RIP: Today Is Google Reader’s Last Day
by William White | July 1, 2013 2:56 pm
Google’s (GOOG) closes down its RSS service, Google Reader, after today.
Google announced back in March that it planned to shut down the service.
Google Reader fans may be saddened by the loss, but there are other alternatives.
- Digg – Allows Google Reader import and is free, but paid services are planned.
- AOL Reader – Reader is currently in Beta. Allows Google Reader import, free to use.
- Feedly – Allows Google Reader import and is free, but paid services are planned.
- Flipboard — Allows Google Reader import and is free.
- NewsBlur – Allows Google Reader import and is free, advanced features require a premium account, which is $24 a year.
R.I.P. Google Reader 2005–2013
- [Image]: http://investorplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/google_logo.jpg
- GOOG: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=GOOG
- shut down: http://investorplace.com/2013/03/google-to-shut-down-reader-in-july/
- other: http://boston.com/business/innovation/blogs/inside-the-hive/2013/07/01/google-reader-closes-alternatives-for-every-style-but-replacement/4EpLzcykRT9EWMZYQsgPWO/blog.html
- alternatives: http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/technology/google-reader-how-to-save-your-data-and-alternatives-to-consider/2013/07/01/4b35d4e8-e24b-11e2-a11e-c2ea876a8f30_story.html
- Digg: http://digg.com/login?next=%2Freader
- AOL Reader: http://reader.aol.com/
- Feedly: http://cloud.feedly.com/#welcome
- Flipboard: http://flipboard.com/
- NewsBlur: http://www.newsblur.com/
Source URL: http://investorplace.com/2013/07/rip-today-is-google-readers-last-day/
Short URL: http://invstplc.com/1fCTTZZ
Copyright ©2014 InvestorPlace Media, LLC. All rights reserved. 700 Indian Springs Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601.