Generally, consumers believe that dealers offer the lowest prices on vehicles at the end of the year. According to the editors at AutoTrader.com, however, that’s not the only time buyers can catch a good deal.
While sales do happen toward the end of the year, they don’t affect every model. And sometimes you need a car sooner rather than later, making waiting impractical.
Here are the five best times of the year to get a good deal on a car, according to AutoTrader.com:
- End of the Year — The holidays often bring sales.
- End of the Model Year — Beginning in the spring and extending into fall, depending on the model.
- End of the Quarter/Month — Dealers have periodic sales goals to meet.
- End of the Day — People become more flexible when they want to go home.
- Rainy/Snowy Days — Bad weather usually means low customer traffic.
You can learn more about the best times of the year to buy a car by visiting AutoTrader.com.