While many airlines offer extras to those who pay more, some take it one step further. CNBC has collected a list of airline perks that only super-rich fliers will be able to take advantage of.
- Showering Mid-Flight – Currently only Emirates offers this to passengers of its A380s, and even then fliers must make a reservation and limit their showers to five minutes.
- In-Flight Massages - Virgin Atlantic Airways Limited use to offer this as a service to super-rich fliers. The company now offers discounted or free massages and manicures at some of its spas to make up for cancelling the service.
- Beds on Planes – Singapore Airlines and Deutsche Lufthansa offer first-class fliers an actual bed. Emirates and Japan Airlines cover their lie-flat seats with mattresses.
- On-board Chefs - Etihad Airways and Austrian Airlines both allow fliers to order food made by a chef during the flight. American Airlines, Singapore Airlines and Malaysia Airlines allow fliers to order food from a special menu before the flight.
- Personal Minibars - Emirates and Etihad both offer fliers who shell out the money for a suite a personal minibar filled with drinks and snacks.
- Chauffeur Services - Virgin Atlantic, Lufthansa and Emirates all offer to chauffeur premium-class passengers to and from airports.
While its not quite as luxurious as these airline perks, JetBlue Airways (JBLU) did reveal a new upscale seating option that will be available to fliers starting next spring.
To see the full details of the luxury services offered by certain airlines, click here.