An increasingly popular fad is the so-called ‘secret menu’ that some fast food restaurants have where you can order items that are not on the menu if you know what they are.
Although most restaurants would deny having such a menu, they are usually willing to go off menu and offer you a unique treat. Yahoo Travel came up with a list of the 10 best secret menu items at fast food restaurants, and here’s the top 5.
- Poutine, A&W (AWRRF) / Kentucky Fried Chicken (YUM): The A&W/KFC poutine is one of the hardest items to get but it’s also one of the most delicious. You’ll need to find one of those half-and-half fast food venues with A&W and KFC to create this Canadian treat which consists of A&W French fries smothered in KFC gravy.
- Biscotti Frappuccino, Starbucks (SBUX): Biscotti are usually good with coffee and they can be even better if blended in the coffee. Try asking for a frappuccino with a biscotti blended in it during a slow day in Starbucks.
- Nachos, Chipotle (CMG): This one’s pretty straightforward: nachos with beef, bean, cheese, lettuce, sour cream and any other topping you would put in a taco.
- Cheese Fries, Five Guys Burgers & Fries: This is another simple but good one that consists of French fries baked with blended cheese on top.
- Animal Style, In-N-Out: It’s rumored that In-N-Out created the off menu craze with its animal style burger which basically consists of every topping they offer.
You can check out the rest of the list of the top 10 secret menu items here.