5 Unlikely Foods Where Pizza Is Showing Up
by Karl Utermohlen | September 11, 2013 2:02 pm
Pizza is an America staple, and if there is any indication that the industry is doing well, just look at the fact that sales at U.S. pizza restaurants grew by 4% last year according to Packaged Facts.
It’s no surprise that pizza is showing up in other American staples such as burgers but pizza sometimes shows up in stranger foods. USA Today came up with some of the most bizarre combinations of pizza and another food and here are the 5 most unlikely foods where pizza is showing up.
- Popcorn: The gluten-free Poppin’ Pizza popcorn by Doc Popcorn is a pizza-flavored popcorn made with all-natural ingredients.
- Ice Cream: Philadelphia’s Little Baby’s Ice Cream has a pizza-flavored ice cream for those with adventurous palates.
- Candy: Eda’s Sugarfree Candies came up with Pizza is 4 Suckers over the summer, a pizza-flavored hard candy with no sugar.
- Nutrition Bars: Journey came out with a Pizza Marinara nutrition bar back in April.
- Beer: Probably the most bizarre pizza-flavored item on the list would have to be the Mamma Mia! Pizza Beer. The pizza-flavored beer has been around for over five years and the creator says that it’s the best combination that’s been done since chocolate and peanut butter.
You can check out USA Today’s list of pizza foods here.
- USA Today came up with some: http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2013/09/10/pizzaburger-bostons-restaurant--sports-bar-burgers-pizza-doc-popcorn/2776913/
- here: http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2013/09/10/pizzaburger-bostons-restaurant--sports-bar-burgers-pizza-doc-popcorn/2776913/
Source URL: http://investorplace.com/2013/09/5-unlikely-foods-where-pizza-is-showing-up/
Short URL: http://invstplc.com/1fplk9y
Copyright ©2015 InvestorPlace Media, LLC. All rights reserved. 700 Indian Springs Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601.