E-Cigarette Explodes, Burns 3 Year-Old

by Karl Utermohlen | September 25, 2013 2:05 pm

Kinzie Barlow was charging her White Rhino e-cigarette in her car when it exploded and burned her 3-year-old son.

Daily News reports that the White Rhino’s explosion[1] burned young Khonor as Barlow drove near their Mount Pleasant home on Friday. The e-cigarette blew up and lit up Khonor’s seat which caused fire to spread through the kid’s body. Barlow said there was a bang and a flash before there was smoke everywhere.

Khonor’s mother failed to extinguish the fire with her sleeve so she threw her iced coffee at the flames and eventually smothered them. The child sustained minor injuries to his elbow, lower back and buttocks.

Endnotes:
  1. Daily News reports that the White Rhino’s explosion: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/boy-burned-mom-charging-e-cigarette-explodes-article-1.1465767

Source URL: http://investorplace.com/2013/09/e-cigarette-explodes-burns-3-year-old/
Short URL: http://invstplc.com/1fwADNP