Restaurant Trends: The Pretzel Craze
by Karl Utermohlen | September 26, 2013 12:28 pm
Pretzels are the new craze in the U.S. as more and more restaurants are releasing new products containing the salty treat.
USA Today reports that pretzels are especially on the rise when looking at buns for burgers and sandwiches. Research specialist Mintel says that 160 pretzel products were released last year which is 100 more than the amount released in 2009. Here are some of the most popular pretzel products that have either been released recently or will be released in the near future.
- Wendy’s (WEN): The fast food company has had success with its Pretzel Bacon Cheeseburger and it will be releasing a Pretzel Pub Chicken sandwich soon.
- 7-Eleven: The Diablo Chicken Ranch Sandwich is the convenience store’s newest sandwich served on a pretzel bun.
- Ruby Tuesday’s (RT): The chain restaurant released four pretzel burgers last month.
- Dunkin’ Donuts (DNKN): The donut and coffee restaurant released a Pretzel Roll Roast Beef Sandwich recently.
- Red Robin (RRGB): An Oktoberfest Burger on a pretzel bun is the newest Red Robin menu item.
You can check out some more pretzel products here.
- USA Today reports that pretzels: http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2013/09/25/pretzel-pretzel-burger-pretzel-sandwich-7-eleven-wendys-mintel-new-products/2842941/
- WEN: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=WEN
- RT: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=RT
- DNKN: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=DNKN
- RRGB: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=RRGB
- here: http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2013/09/25/pretzel-pretzel-burger-pretzel-sandwich-7-eleven-wendys-mintel-new-products/2842941/
Source URL: http://investorplace.com/2013/09/restaurant-trends-the-pretzel-craze/
Short URL: http://invstplc.com/1frR8KT
Copyright ©2015 InvestorPlace Media, LLC. All rights reserved. 700 Indian Springs Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601.