With summer over, it’s time to look back on all the interesting things that happened since Memorial Day. And by that, we mean the scandals.
The Harris Poll surveyed 2,045 adults living in the U.S. last month and asked them what they consider the juiciest scandals of the summer of 2013.
There was no shortage of incidents to choose from. Misbehaving politicians, stumbling celebrities and international intrigue abounded to spice up the lazy days of this summer’s news cycle.
According to the Harris Poll, here are the top five scandals Americans say they paid attention to during the summer of 2013:
- Edward Snowden’s NSA leaks (70%)
- Paula Deen’s downfall over past racial remarks (53%)
- More steroid-use allegations among Major League Baseball players (52%)
- New York Mayoral candidate Anthony Weiner’s never-ending sexting saga (41%)
- Amanda Bynes’ bizarre behavior (23%)
American Idol creator Simon Cowell becoming a father by having a baby with his friend’s wife also drew interest.