AAPL — Apple’s iOS 7.0.3 Update to Help the ‘Dizzy’
by Burke Speaker | October 23, 2013 12:02 pm
The new iOS 7 update — iOS 7.0.3 — from Apple (AAPL) aims to reduce the zigging and zagging animation while opening apps.
Fox News reports that “as many as 25 percent of the iDevice owners have been feeling symptoms of motion sickness while using iOS 7. A parallax effect introduced to the home screen has also been leaving some users feeling a little queasy.”
The new update allows you to move from the home screen via a simple cross-fade.
To change the device settings that now use a simple transition screen, go to Settings / General / Accessibility / Reduce Motion, and then toggle the Reduce Motion button.
The full list of fixes is included below (via Fox News):
- Adds iCloud Keychain to keep track of your account names, passwords, and credit card numbers across all your approved devices
- Adds Password Generator so Safari can suggest unique, hard-to-guess passwords for your online accounts
- Updates lock screen to delay display of “slide to unlock” when Touch ID is in use
- Adds back the ability to search the web and Wikipedia from Spotlight search
- Fixes an issue where iMessage failed to send for some users
- Fixes a bug that could prevent iMessage from activating
- Improves system stability when using iWork apps
- Addresses an issue that could cause Siri and VoiceOver to use a lower quality voice
- Fixes a bug that could allow someone to bypass the Lock screen passcode
- Enhances the Reduce Motion setting to minimize both motion and animation
- Fixes an issue that could cause VoiceOver input to be too sensitive
- Updates the Bold Text setting to also change dial pad text
- Fixes an issue that could cause supervised devices to become un-supervised when updating software
- AAPL: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=AAPL
- via Fox News: http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2013/10/23/ios-703-update-offers-new-features-bug-fixes-and-brings-end-to-motion-sickness/
Source URL: http://investorplace.com/2013/10/aapl-apples-ios-7-0-3-update-help-dizzy/
Short URL: http://invstplc.com/1nArOXy
Copyright ©2017 InvestorPlace Media, LLC. All rights reserved. 700 Indian Springs Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601.