Another Case of E-Cigarettes Exploding While Charging

by Karl Utermohlen | October 3, 2013 12:23 pm

E-cigarettes may be one of the most profitable new businesses nowadays[1] but the industry has got to be concerned over the recent explosions related to e-cigs.

Fox reports that an e-cigarette explosion[2] occurred in Minnesota when Chris Leslie’s e-cig exploded while charging. Chris’ wife — Renae — heard the explosion at home while the e-cigarette was plugged into the computer and she jumped up. She says that the device started sparking before shooting out “like a missile” from the computer and burning part of the carpet.

Leslie bought the e-cigarette from Mike Swafford who owns E-Cig Clubhouse and he said that as far as he knows, he’s never sold a faulty e-cig. He added that the reason why these explosions happen is because people tend to overcharge these devices which causes them to overheat and explode at times.

A similar but more dangerous incident happened last week when a 3-year-old boy caught on fire[3] due to an e-cig explosion.

Endnotes:
  1. one of the most profitable new businesses nowadays: http://investorplace.com/2013/10/tobacco-giant-buys-e-cigarette-maker/
  2. Fox reports that an e-cigarette explosion: http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story/23584719/minnesota-e-cig-explosion-charging
  3. a 3-year-old boy caught on fire: http://investorplace.com/2013/09/e-cigarette-explodes-burns-3-year-old/

Source URL: http://investorplace.com/2013/10/another-case-of-e-cigarettes-exploding-while-charging/
Short URL: http://invstplc.com/1ftW5mD