Gathr: 5 Things to Know About AOL’s New Content Bundles
by Christopher Freeburn | October 1, 2013 10:29 am
AOL (AOL) is launching a service that will permit customers to combine a variety of online entertainment services for a flat monthly fee.
The service is called Gathr. AOL says it will allow consumers to save a significant amount of money compared to what they would pay to purchase the digital services separately, the McClatchy-Tribune notes.
While Gathr is available across the U.S., the company is targeting promotion of the service to just Seattle, Minneapolis/St. Paul and Atlanta for now.
Here are five things to know about Gathr:
- AOL says it will save consumers up to 50% compared to purchasing the services individually.
- Bundles include digital magazine subscriptions, Amazon (AMZN) gift cards, Pandora (P) subscriptions and identify protection services among a variety of other offers.
- Users can create their own bundles or choose from category-based bundles.
- Bundles are priced between $15 and $30 a month.
- New users get their first month of bundles for free.
Shares of AOL gained more than 1% in Tuesday morning trading.
- [Image]: http://investorplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/AOL_in_lights_630.jpg
- AOL: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=AOL
- combine a variety of online entertainment services for a flat monthly fee: http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/news/article.asp?docKey=600-201310010309KRTRIB__BUSNEWS_58969_50896-1¶ms=timestamp%7C%7C10/01/2013%203:09%20AM%20ET%7C%7Cheadline%7C%7CNew%20Gathr%20service%20further%20advances%20AOL
- AMZN: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=AMZN
- P: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=P
Source URL: http://investorplace.com/2013/10/gathr-5-things-to-know-about-aols-new-content-bundles/
Short URL: http://invstplc.com/1ftmscg
Copyright ©2016 InvestorPlace Media, LLC. All rights reserved. 700 Indian Springs Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601.