AOL (AOL) is launching a service that will permit customers to combine a variety of online entertainment services for a flat monthly fee.
The service is called Gathr. AOL says it will allow consumers to save a significant amount of money compared to what they would pay to purchase the digital services separately, the McClatchy-Tribune notes.
While Gathr is available across the U.S., the company is targeting promotion of the service to just Seattle, Minneapolis/St. Paul and Atlanta for now.
Here are five things to know about Gathr:
- AOL says it will save consumers up to 50% compared to purchasing the services individually.
- Bundles include digital magazine subscriptions, Amazon (AMZN) gift cards, Pandora (P) subscriptions and identify protection services among a variety of other offers.
- Users can create their own bundles or choose from category-based bundles.
- Bundles are priced between $15 and $30 a month.
- New users get their first month of bundles for free.
Shares of AOL gained more than 1% in Tuesday morning trading.