Halloween Pet Safety Tips

Make sure your pets stay away from dark chocolate and raisins

   

Halloween is only two weeks away now and even though we humans see it as an excuse to binge on candy, it’s important that pets stay away from sweets.

NBC reports that there are several safety precautions for that should be taken on Halloween to avoid any incidents. Dogs tend to eat whatever is given to them but it is important that owners keep the candy in a safe place. Dr. Laura Cauthen — an Animal Medical Center veterinarian — said that dark chocolate and raisins are the most toxic Halloween treats for pets and they can cause them indigestion and vomiting.

Dr. Cauthen also suggests that pet owners buy costumes specifically designed for pets over homemade ones if they plan on dressing them up for Halloween. It’s also important that pets stay in a safe place during the holiday as trick or treating can be stressful for them.


Article printed from InvestorPlace Media, http://investorplace.com/2013/10/halloween-pet-safety-tips/.

©2014 InvestorPlace Media, LLC

Comments are currently unavailable. Please check back soon.