Kindle Fire HDX Review: 5 Things the Experts Are Saying
by Christopher Freeburn | October 3, 2013 10:19 am
Amazon‘s (AMZN) new 7-inch Kindle Fire HDX tablet is winning widespread praise from reviewers as they get their hands on the new device, which was unveiled last month.
The Kindle Fire HDX competes with Google‘s (GOOG) Nexus tablets, Apple‘s (AAPL) iPad Mini and an increasing number of 7-inch tablets from other manufacturers.
Here’s what the critics are saying:
- Battery Life: “The company claims a full 11 hours with standard usage, the same as last year. And you know what? We actually came close to that, eking out 10 hours and 41 minutes. That’s 44 minutes more than the HD managed, and it’s nearly three and a half hours more than what we got with the Nexus 7,” Engadget notes.
- Online Content Viewing: “You used to have to stream the Prime content, but with the latest HD and HDX models you now have the choice to download tens of thousands of movies and TV shows as well. That’s a big plus for anyone stuck on an airplane for hours without Wi-Fi,” USA TODAY says.
- Well Integrated: “This is the first Fire that doesn’t feel like it emerged from a company that’s still in the process of learning how to meld hardware, software and services into a pleasing, seamless whole,” Time declares.
- Mayday Tech Support Chat Feature: “It’s a feature you won’t fully appreciate until you actually try it yourself or see in person. But it works as advertised, and it’s actually downright impressive,” Fortune reports.
- Faster: “The device uses a 2.2 GHz processor that results in about three times the processing power vs. last year’s device. Similarly, it has twice has as much RAM compared to last year’s device and it has four times the graphics performance over the 2012 model. As a result, content loads faster, websites are loading faster and just the overall experience of flipping through a carousel is silky smooth,” GigaOM notes.
Shares of Amazon slipped slightly in Thursday morning trading.
- [Image]: http://investorplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Kindle-Fire.jpg
- AMZN: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=AMZN
- which was unveiled last month: http://investorplace.com/2013/09/amazon-launches-next-gen-tablets-cuts-price-of-fire-hd/
- GOOG: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=GOOG
- AAPL: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=AAPL
- Engadget notes: http://www.engadget.com/2013/10/02/amazon-kindle-fire-hdx-review/
- USA TODAY says: http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/columnist/baig/2013/10/02/samsung-kindle-fire-hdx-review-baig/2904985/
- Time declares: http://techland.time.com/2013/10/02/kindle-fire-hdx-review/?iid=tl-main-lead
- Fortune reports: http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2013/10/02/kindle-fire-hdx-review/
- GigaOM notes: http://The%20device%20uses%20a%202.2%20GHz%20processor%20that%20results%20in%20about%20three%20times%20the%20processing%20power%20vs.%20last%20year%E2%80%99s%20device.%20Similarly,%20it%20has%20twice%20has%20as%20much%20RAM%20compared%20to%20last%20year%E2%80%99s%20device%20and%20it%20has%20four%20times%20the%20graphics%20performance%20over%20the%202012%20model.%20As%20a%20result,%20content%20loads%20faster,%20websites%20are%20loading%20faster%20and%20just%20the%20overall%20experience%20of%20flipping%20through%20a%20carousel%20is%20silky%20smooth.%20%20
Source URL: http://investorplace.com/2013/10/kindle-fire-hdx-review-5-things-the-experts-ar-saying/
Short URL: http://invstplc.com/1nCD1a8
Copyright ©2016 InvestorPlace Media, LLC. All rights reserved. 700 Indian Springs Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601.