Samsung has released it new smartphone, the Galaxy Round, as it competes with LG and Apple (AAPL) to create new innovations. The Galaxy Round doesn’t come with a load of features, but is instead meant to gauge if customers want smartphones with curved screens. Here are six things to know about the Galaxy Round:
- It has a 5.7-inch screen with a slight horizontal curve.
- It weighs less than the Galaxy Note 3.
- Users can tilt the phone to check missed calls and battery life, even when the screen is turned off.
- Users can scroll through media files by pressing the screen right or left.
- The phone cost about $1,000.
- The phone is currently only available in South Korea.
Samsung released its Galaxy Gear smartwatch last month, which has a flat screen. The company hopes that it can use curved screens to release more attractive and wearable devices in the future, reports Reuters.