Sterling-Rice Group examined the top food trends that will dominate the restaurant and supermarket industries next year.
The firm looked at a number of companies from organic startups to large food corporations and noticed that some are focusing more on healthy options whereas others are turning their attention to indulgence. SRG compiled this data and came up with the top ten food trends in 2014.
- Lemon is being used introduced to more foods from drinks to salad dressings.
- Tea-flavored dinners and desserts are being added to menus in many restaurants.
- Middle Eastern Food will expand by fusing with traditional Mediterranean cuisine in a lot of places.
- Milk will now be made from everything including cashews, almonds and peanuts in order to provide more dairy-free options for consumers.
- Yolk in other items will be one of the bigger food trends this year thanks to food items that include the golden sun along with cheese and dairy products.
- Classic American Food is getting a makeover as burgers and fries are being replaced by wedge salads and other refined classics.
- Poaching and Steaming’s Comeback is imminent as wine, coffee, beer and smoky liquids will be added in dishes to give them more flavor.
- Seaweed is getting bigger so expect to eat nutritious snacks from the sea next year.
- Pasta is no longer traditional Italian food as noodles made with alternative flour and spices from all over the world make pasta more diverse.
- New Farm Flavors will be big in a few months from goat to rabbit and even pigeon.
Also check out the top 5 food trends of 2013.