Gamers waiting for the latest installment of the Call to Duty franchise were finally able to satisfy their craving on Tuesday.
Call to Duty: Ghosts lets gamers test their battle skills in warfare set in a future post-apocalyptic landscape. The game from Activision (ATVI) follows a surprise attack on the U.S. by a South American alliance that leaves the nation devastated, USA TODAY notes.
Here are five things to know about Call of Duty: Ghosts:
- Its story line was developed by Stephen Gaghan, who wrote the Oscar-Winning screenplay for the movie Traffic.
- Players battle invaders as part of groups of special ops soldiers known as “ghosts.”
- It features an undersea battle, which includes sharks, as well as a space battle
- Other missions are set in Antarctica and South America
- The $59.99 game is available for Microsoft’s (MSFT) Xbox, Windows PCs, Sony’s (SNE) Playstation and Nintendo’s Wii U
In September, Take-Two Interactive Software’s (TTWO) Grand Theft Auto 5 broke sales records during the first day after its release.