Ford Announces Seventh Escape Recall

Only models with 1.6-liter engines are affected

   

Ford Announces Seventh Escape Recall

Ford Motor Company1 300x191 Ford Announces Seventh Escape RecallSome owners of last year’s model of a popular Ford (F) SUV will have to take their vehicles back to dealers for repairs early next year.

The nation’s second-largest automaker has announced a recall of the 2013 Escape over defective cylinder heads, which can fracture and leak oil. The recall covers more than 161,000 Escapes with 1.6-liter, four-cylinder engines, the Associated Press notes.

hyundai logo 200x200 Ford Announces Seventh Escape Recall
Hyundai Recalls End With Resignations, Personnel Changes

Oil leaks from the cylinders have been linked to 13 vehicle fires. Ford says that it has not received any reports of injuries associated with the incidents.

The recall begins in January. Ford says that dealers will inspect fuel lines — which are suspected of having been improperly installed on about 12,000 vehicles — and make any needed repairs free of charge.

This is the seventh recall for the redesigned Escape, which was introduced in early 2012. In a company statement, Ford noted that 2013 Escapes with 2.0-liter and the 2.5-liter engines were not affected by the recall.

Shares of Ford fell slightly in Wednesday morning trading.


Article printed from InvestorPlace Media, http://investorplace.com/2013/11/ford-announces-seventh-escape-recall/.

©2014 InvestorPlace Media, LLC

Comments are currently unavailable. Please check back soon.