Mega Millions Jackpot Rises to $115M for Friday Drawing
by Christopher Freeburn | November 7, 2013 9:34 am
The jackpot in Friday’s Mega Millions drawing has risen to $115 million.
Mega Millions tickets are sold in 45 states. The lottery holds twice-weekly drawings on Tuesdays and Fridays. The most recent drawing had no top-prize winner, though a California ticket-holder won $1 million after correctly matching five of the six required numbers in the drawing, WebProNews notes.
Tickets for the multi-state lottery cost $1 each. Players choose six numbers — five from pools of 1 to 75, and one number from 1 to 15. To win the jackpot, a player must select all six numbers in the drawing.
A March 2012 Mega Millions drawing paid out a $656 million jackpot, shared by winners in Kansas, Maryland and Illinois.
Lottery Winners Making Headlines:
- Florida Man Wins Multimillion Lotto Jackpot for Second Time
- Scammed Lottery Winner Awarded $5 Million Seven Years Later
- City Seeks Lottery Winner Who Lost $6.3M Winning Ticket
- [Image]: http://investorplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/MegaMillions.jpg
- has risen to $115 million: http://www.webpronews.com/mega-millions-jackpot-estimated-115-million-2013-11
- Florida Man Wins Multimillion Lotto Jackpot for Second Time: http://investorplace.com/2013/10/florida-man-wins-multimillion-lotto-jackpot-second-time/#.UnujmJG1Kf0
- Scammed Lottery Winner Awarded $5 Million Seven Years Later: http://investorplace.com/2013/08/scammed-lottery-winner-awarded-5-million-seven-years-later/#.Unujy5G1Kf0
- City Seeks Lottery Winner Who Lost $6.3M Winning Ticket: http://investorplace.com/2013/09/city-seeks-lottery-winner-who-lost-6-3m-winning-ticket/#.UnujnpG1Kf0
Source URL: http://investorplace.com/2013/11/mega-millions-jackpot-rises-115m-friday-drawing/
Short URL: http://invstplc.com/1ny0BVj
Copyright ©2016 InvestorPlace Media, LLC. All rights reserved. 700 Indian Springs Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601.