Office Depot Names New CEO
by Christopher Freeburn | November 13, 2013 11:32 am
Shares of Office Depot (ODP) climbed almost 3% in Wednesday morning trading after the company announced that it had tapped a former Delhaize executive as its new head.
Roland Smith, who previously ran Delhaize Group’s U.S. grocery business, will take the reins of the nation’s second largest office supply chain. The move follows the completion of ODP’s merger with smaller rival OfficeMax, Reuters notes.
Smith succeeds the former CEOs of ODP and OfficeMax, who briefly co-headed the combined company. Both have now departed.
More Office Depot headlines:
- 5 Things to Know About the Office Depot-OfficeMax Merger
- OfficeMax, Office Depot Unite? Not Impressed
- Office Depot, OfficeMax in Talks to Merge
- PHOTO: Home Depot’s Offensive Tweet Sparks Outrage
- [Image]: http://investorplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/OfficeDepot.jpg
- ODP: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=ODP
- a former Delhaize executive as its new head: http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/11/12/us-officedepot-ceo-idUSBRE9AB17Z20131112?feedType=RSS&feedName=businessNews
- 5 Things to Know About the Office Depot-OfficeMax Merger: http://investorplace.com/2013/11/5-things-know-office-depot-officemax-merger/#.UoOnrpG1Kf0
- OfficeMax, Office Depot Unite? Not Impressed: http://investorplace.com/2013/02/officemax-office-depot-unite-not-impressed/#.UoOoB5G1Kf0
- Office Depot, OfficeMax in Talks to Merge: http://investorplace.com/2013/02/office-depot-officemax-in-talks-to-merge/
- PHOTO: Home Depot’s Offensive Tweet Sparks Outrage: http://investorplace.com/2013/11/photo-home-depots-offensive-tweet-sparks-outrage/#.UoOqBZG1Kf0
Source URL: http://investorplace.com/2013/11/office-depot-names-new-ceo/
Short URL: http://invstplc.com/1ftRWyS
Copyright ©2017 InvestorPlace Media, LLC. All rights reserved. 700 Indian Springs Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601.