Thanksgiving is almost here and with it comes deep-fried turkey.
Deep frying a turkey can be dangerous if not done correctly. Here are a a few tips to help keep safe this Thanksgiving.
- Do not deep fry a turkey in a house.
- Do not deep fry a frozen or partially frozen turkey.
- Keep children and animals out of the area while deep-frying a turkey.
- Only deep fry turkeys that weigh 10 to 15 pounds. Larger turkeys are more likely to burn on the outside before the inside is fully cooked.
- Test cooking equipment before using it to deep fry a turkey and make sure it is on a flat surface.
Below is a video that features several examples of unsafe turkey-frying practices.