You should eat black eyed peas in some form or another on New Year’s Day if you believe in superstitions.
Southern tradition dictates that you eat the tasty legume on January 1st to bring prosperity in the New Year. Parade compiled some delicious black eyed peas recipes which will bring you good luck in 2014.
Check out these 5 black eyed peas recipes.
- Tex-Mex Black Eyed Pea Casserole – If you’re looking for comfort food, check out this amazing casserole. With bacon and cheese, this black eyed peas recipe will help you bring in 2014 the right way.
- Smoky Spiced Black-Eyed Peas with Bacon – This dish goes great with corn bread and it can serve up to eight people.
- Cheesy Black Eyed Pea Dip – This dish is perfect for those looking for something a little spicier. The cheesy black eyed pea dip uses Velveeta, black eyed peas, jalapeños, chilies and more.
- Sloppy Black Eyed Peas – This yummy vegan dish can also be made soy-free, oil-free and gluten-free without sacrificing flavor.
- Black Eyed Peas with Sweet Potatoes and Greens – This healthy dish is both delicious and nutritious with plenty of organic ingredients.
You can check these dishes out here.