An outbreak of foodborne illness in Kansas, has been traced to a popular restaurant.
The Kansas Department of Agriculture says that the outbreak, which has affected 110 people, is thought to be linked to a Jimmy John’s Gourmet Sandwich shop in Garden City. The location has been inspected. Health officials believe that the sickness was caused by norovirus, based on the reported symptoms, Restaurant News notes.
Investigators are using a web-based survey to question other consumers who visited the Jimmy John’s location between Dec. 10 and Dec. 24. Norovirus infection can produce nausea, vomiting, muscle pain and diarrhea.
Jimmy John’s operates more than 1,560 restaurants nationwide.
Three Jimmy John’s locations in and around Denver, Colo., were investigated over a suspected foodborne illness outbreak in November. Public health authorities in Colorado determined that the restaurant’s food-handling was not linked to the outbreak.