Grammy Nominations Concert Performers
This year’s Grammy nominations concert will mark the sixth time that the list of Grammy nominees has been announced in primetime. Besides having hot Grammy performances, the event will be hosted by LL Cool J. In fact, LL Cool J also hosted the Grammy nominations concert 2012, and has been the leading man since the event’s inception in 2008.
Names like Mumford & Sons and Pink have put on stellar Grammy performances in the past. But for the warm-up concert, they aren’t on the list of Grammy performers. Instead, stars that we know will be Grammy performers at tonight’s concert include:
- Katy Perry and Taylor Swift (a seven-time Grammy Award winner), although their Grammy performances will appear as pre-taped segments.
- Three-time Grammy Award winner T.I, who will team up with Robin Thicke and members of Earth, Wind & Fire.
- Thrift Shop stars Macklemore & Ryan Lewis.
- Keith Urban — who just chopped his famous, shoulder-length hair and will perform with Miguel.
- Lorde, a new kid on the block who blew up thanks to her single Royals. Lorde does not yet have a Grammy Award but will almost certainly on the Grammy nominations 2014 list.
Another thing to note about the Grammy nominations concert 2013? Drake was slated to be a Grammy performer, but dropped out at the last minute citing a “scheduling conflict.” If you ask me, I’d rather see Lorde take the stage anyways.