Take advantage of gift card exchange services to get the most out of unwanted gift cards this Christmas.
There are several gift card exchange websites out there that allow users to trade gift cards for a percentage of their value. More specific gift cards can result in low percentages, but name brand ones can bring in as much as 90% of the card’s value, reports Daily Finance.
Here are some gift card exchange services.
- GiftCardGranny.com – GiftCardGranny allows users to exchange gift cards for anywhere from 30% to 90% of their value.
- PlasticJungle.com: - PlasticJungle lets users trade their gift cards in for a percentage of their value. Users can choose to receive their funds through Paypal, a check or an Amazon (AMZN) gift card.
- Raise.com – Raise.com users have the option of setting their own prices for unwanted gift cards. This gives users more control over how much of a hit they are willing to take to exchange gift cards.
- GiftCardRescue.com – Allows users to buy and sell gift cards online. It also recently released a list of the 20 most wanted gift cards.
- Alula - Alula’s website serves as a navigator that directs users to kiosks. These kiosks allow users to trade in gift cards for a voucher that can be used in the store.
Starbucks (SBUX) is expecting to see a huge increase in gift card sales over the weekend as shopper prepare for Christmas.