General Motors (GM) introduced one of its greatest Chevrolet cars in the Detroit Auto Show with the 2015 Corvette Z06.
Chevy is following up last year’s Corvette Stingray with the 2015 Corvette Z06, a groundbreaking performance car. Here are 3 things to know about Chevrolet’s new offering.
- The latest Z06 has a new motor: The 2015 Corvette Z06 comes with a 6.2-liter supercharged LT4 V-8 motor equipped with at least 625 horsepower and 635 pound-feet of torque.
- This is one of the fastest cars GM has ever produced: The Z06 is even faster than the ZR1. However, it comes with direct injection and cylinder deactivation which makes it more frugal than the 21 mpg offered by the ZR1.
- The design of the 2015 Corvette Z06 is incredible. The vehicle’s design includes an aggressive carbon fiber hood, an adjustable rear spoiler and tweaks that help decrease drag around the tires. The car comes with 19-inch wheels with Michelin Pilot Super Sport and 14.6-inch and 14.4-inch Brembo disk brakes in the front and back respectively.
More Detroit Auto Show 2014
- Detroit Auto Show 2014: 5 Hot Concept Cars Everyone Wants to See
- General Motors Has Award-Winning Day at 2014 Detroit Auto Show
- PHOTO: 2015 Ford F-150 Debuts at Detroit Auto Show