Why Aetna Might Be Forced to Pull Out of Obamacare
by William White | January 22, 2014 1:25 pm
Aetna (AET) may have to leave the Obamacare market.
According to Aetna CEO Mark Bertolini, Obamacare hasn’t worked to insure the uninsured. He claims that only 11% of people who were uninsured have actually signed up for Obamacare. Bertolini says that Obamacare needs to have more choices and make it simpler for people to get health insurance. He also claims that Aetna get 3% of its revenue from Obamacare and that a potential government bailout due to its lack of members is irrelevant to the company, reports CNBC.
Bertolini also weighed in on health-care cost.
“Our health-care costs are not under control right now,” Bertolini told Businessweek. “We really need to look at how health care is delivered and how we pay for it.”
More Obamacare News
- How Obamacare Could Kill the Housing Market in 2014
- Obamacare Enrollment Deadline Postponed … by One Day
- Obamacare News: Young People Aren’t Signing Up — and That’s a Problem
- Under Obamacare, Risks Grow for High-Margin Drug Stocks
- AET: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=AET
- health-care cost: http://www.businessweek.com/news/2014-01-22/aetna-ceo-says-out-of-control-health-costs-demand-change-in-u-dot-s
- How Obamacare Could Kill the Housing Market in 2014: http://investorplace.com/2013/12/obamacare-kill-housing-market-2014/#.UuAKmNIo74Y
- Obamacare Enrollment Deadline Postponed … by One Day: http://investorplace.com/investorpolitics/obamacare-enrollment-deadline-postponed-one-day/#.UuAKxtIo74Y
- Obamacare News: Young People Aren’t Signing Up — and That’s a Problem: http://investorplace.com/investorpolitics/obamacare-news/#.UuAKx9Io74Y
- Under Obamacare, Risks Grow for High-Margin Drug Stocks: http://investorplace.com/2014/01/drug-stocks-pharmaceutical-stocks-qcor-obamacare/#.UuALbdIo74Y
Source URL: http://investorplace.com/2014/01/aetna-obamacare-aet-stock/
Short URL: http://invstplc.com/1aLQxFo
Copyright ©2017 InvestorPlace Media, LLC. All rights reserved. 700 Indian Springs Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601.