Many people are looking at the best diets out there in order to fulfill their New Year’s resolution of losing weight.
US News took a look at the best diets for weight loss based on how they help consumers lose weight on the short and long-term. The popular Weight Watchers diet topped the list but Biggest Loser wasn’t far behind.
Take a look at the 10 best diets for weight loss in 2014.
- Weight Watchers – Its average rating is ‘moderately effective’ but Weight Watchers is the best weight-loss diet out there in both the short and long-term.
- Biggest Loser Diet – This plan requires plenty of exercise and healthy eating but it’s only second to Weight Watchers in the weight-loss category.
- Jenny Craig – Jenny Craig is one of the best diets for weight loss out there due to the emotional support provided by its one-on-one counseling sessions.
- Raw Food Diet – This restrictive diet is intense but it produces results both in the short and long-term.
- Volumetrics – Volumetrics is good at helping you lose weight for good while making you feel satisfied about your results.
- Atkins – Atkins is one of the best diets for weight loss in the short-term. However, it didn’t fare as well in the long-term category.
- Flexitarian Diet – This diet is good in the short and long-term and it focuses on eating healthy plant-based foods such as fruits and vegetables.
- Slim-Fast – Slim-Fast is also good in the short and long-term. Dieters are expected drop one to two pounds a week.
- Spark-Solution Diet – Spark-Solution focuses on exercise and healthy, reduced-calorie eating.
- Vegan Diet – Veganism helps you lose weight fast but it’s a hard diet to keep because it requires discipline.