Neiman Marcus has posted updates on the massive data breach that was discovered earlier this year.
The upscale retailer revealed that 1.1 million of its customers have been hit by this data breach that made purchases between July and October. Neiman Marcus said that its servers had been breached but no online customers were affected and no sensitive information such as social security numbers was taken.
CEO Karen Katz said that criminals installed malicious software to collect payment information for about three months. She added that about 2,400 credit cards have been used in fraudulent transactions as a result of the data breach.
Neiman Marcus did not hear about the cyberattack until December and was unable to confirm it until January 1. The company is notifying its customers of the breach and it’s currently investigating how many of its stores were affected.
More Recent Data News Breach