New Website: 4 Things to Know About the World Post
by Christopher Freeburn | January 10, 2014 10:13 am
Members of the global elite will soon have their own news and commentary website.
The World Post is a collaboration between billionaire Nicolas Berggruen and AOL (AOL), which owns the Huffington Post, run by Arianna Huffington. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed; however, the Huffington Post will manage advertising and conferences for the World Post, the Guardian notes.
Here are four things to know about the World Post:
- World Post is expected to carry material contributed by Microsoft (MSFT) founder Bill Gates, Google (GOOG) chairman Eric Schmidt and former U.K. Prime Minister Tony Blair
- World Post will be officially launched at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, later this month.
- The editorial board for World Post will include Huffington and Berggruen, as well as editors from leading newspapers around the world, including El Pais, the Times of India and Asahi Shimbum.
- The Huffington Post will ditch its current world section, adding the World Post in its place.
Shares of AOL fell almost 2% in Friday morning trading.
- soon have their own news and commentary website.: http://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/jan/08/world-post-news-website-launches-huffington
- AOL: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=AOL
- [Image]: http://investorplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/arianna-huffington.jpg
- Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arianna_Huffington/
- MSFT: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=MSFT
- GOOG: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=GOOG
Source URL: http://investorplace.com/2014/01/new-website-4-things-know-world-post/
Short URL: http://invstplc.com/1nysWed
Copyright ©2014 InvestorPlace Media, LLC. All rights reserved. 700 Indian Springs Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601.