Disney Parks News: 5 Things to Know About the New Disney Magic Bands
by Karl Utermohlen | February 6, 2014 2:51 pm
Disney (DIS) is looking to enhance the experience of its Disney Parks visitors with the Magic Band.
The Magic Band is the company’s new offering that gives people access to new places and exclusive benefits in its Disney Parks. Here are 5 things you should know about the Magic Band.
- What are they? – Disney Parks’ Magic Bands can be used to enter parks, get into your Disney Resort hotel room, buy food and merchandise and more.
- How can I get one? – Magic Bands are currently being tested by a few pre-selected guests. Disney is unable to provide other guests with Magic Bands until testing ends.
- How do I use mine? – Using a Magic Band is relatively easy—all you have to do is touch your Magic Band against a sensor called a ‘touch point.’
- Do they run out of battery? – These incredible gadgets do not run out of battery. Magic Bands use Radio Frequency (RF) technology which can be read by short and long-range readers at Disney Parks.
- Can I share my Magic Band with others? – No. Each Magic Band is unique and customized to fit each person’s needs.
DIS stock is up 5.1% Wednesday.
- DIS: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=DIS
- Magic Band: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/bands-cards/
Source URL: http://investorplace.com/2014/02/disney-parks-disney-magic-bands/
Short URL: http://invstplc.com/1nXqUVk
Copyright ©2016 InvestorPlace Media, LLC. All rights reserved. 700 Indian Springs Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601.