Mt. Gox CEO Resigns From Bitcoin Board
by Christopher Freeburn | February 24, 2014 11:50 am
The CEO of a prominent online currency exchange has resigned from the board of a bitcoin organization in the wake of technical problems at the exchange.
Mark Karpeles, the CEO of Japan-based Mt. Gox has left the Bitcoin Foundation’s board of directors. Bitcoin prices on Mt. Gox were trading as low as $151 on Monday, well below other exchanges, Bloomberg notes.
Earlier this month, Mt. Gox announced that it had halted bitcoin withdrawals from customer accounts due to a technical glitch.
A Bitcoin Foundation official has previously said that “unpreparedness” was at least partially responsible for the bitcoin withdrawal problem at Mt. Gox. In a statement issued on Thursday, Mt. Gox said it was still trying to resolve the issue.
More Bitcoin News:
- Four Ways to Invest in Digital Currency Bitcoin
- Bitcoin News: First Bitcoin ATMs Coming to Several U.S. Cities
- Bitcoin News: Hackers Steal $2.7M Worth of Bitcoin
- resigned from the board of a bitcoin organization: http://www.sfgate.com/business/bloomberg/article/Mt-Gox-CEO-Resigns-From-Bitcoin-Group-After-5262186.php
- [Image]: http://investorplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Bitcoins.jpg
- Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/94480396@N03/9527545619/in/photolist-fvVanV-c7TeVY-e9SmUj-e9LG7B-e9LGa4-e9SmRY-gGPW7Z-gGHPHM-gGGQdP-gGQRbT-gGQT8b-gGPuRZ-gGGMyR-gGKKiy-gGKsRe-gGQCfz-gGHfXQ-gGKoCd-gGQPhA-gGQDZA-gGH99t-gGPa8F-gGQSLZ-gGKzwE-gGQnoQ-gGPF17-gGQPTn-gGLhKP-gGGKoY-gGQ2SN-gGQtjt-gGQF5G-gGQzK3-gGPnUw-gGHFex-gGRdyn-gGRmkp-gGQVp2-gGQLQD-gGKkDN-gGKCVU-gGQL7s-gGKQah-gGRhjt-gGQy8N-gGR1Rz-gGPGh3-gGKSvt-gGNZGf-gGQ8T2-gGQUSJ
- halted bitcoin withdrawals from customer accounts due to a technical glitch: http://investorplace.com/2014/02/bitcoin-news-bitcoin-prices-mt-gox/#.Uwt2znlhOf0
- Four Ways to Invest in Digital Currency Bitcoin: http://investorplace.com/2014/02/bitcoin-bitcoin-etf/
- Bitcoin News: First Bitcoin ATMs Coming to Several U.S. Cities: http://investorplace.com/2014/02/bitcoin-news-bitcoin-atms/
- Bitcoin News: Hackers Steal $2.7M Worth of Bitcoin: http://investorplace.com/2014/02/bitcoin-news-hackers-steal-2-7m-worth-bitcoin/
Source URL: http://investorplace.com/2014/02/mt-gox-ceo-resigns-bitcoin-board/
Short URL: http://invstplc.com/1gwRiQd
Copyright ©2015 InvestorPlace Media, LLC. All rights reserved. 700 Indian Springs Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601.