President Barack Obama and Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper have made a bet regarding the outcome of the US vs. Canada Olympic hockey games.
The bet made between Obama and Harper will have the loser giving the winner a case of beer. The bet has become a tradition between the two countries and Obama delivered a case to Harper when the U.S. men’s hockey team lost to Canada in 2010. This year the two have placed bets for both the men and women’s hockey matches. Canada has won the gold medal three times in a row, reports the Huffington Post.
“@pmharper and I bet on the women’s and men’s US-Canada hockey games. Winner gets a case of beer for each game. #GoTeamUSA! -bo,” reads Obama’s Tweet.
“I’m betting @barackobama one case of Canadian beer per hockey game this week. #teamusa is good, but #WeAreWinter. #GoCanadaGo @WhiteHouse”
Obama already lost one of the beer bets as the Canadian team won the gold medal in women’s hockey.
More Winter Olympics News
- Winter Olympics Tribute: 3 Things to Remember About Skier Sarah Burke
- 5 Biggest Sochi Olympics Fails: Twin Toilets, Gross Hotels and More
- Winter Olympics: 5 Things to Know About Skating Coach Marina Zoueva
- VIDEO: Watch Meryl Davis and Charlie White Ice Dancing Video
- Winter Olympics: Are Meryl Davis and Charlie White Dating?