Philip Seymour Hoffman died at the age of 46 in what officials believe to be a heroin overdose.
Here are a few facts about Philip Seymour Hoffman, as listed by the Washington Post.
- He was born in Fairport, N.Y., in 1947.
- Acting wasn’t hit first choice, but a neck injury ended his sports career early.
- He majored in drama at New York University.
- Hoffman won an Oscar for his role as Truman Capote in Capote.
- He was nominated for four Academy Awards.
- Hoffman was also nominated for three Tonys.
- He had three kids.
To see more facts about Philip Seymour Hoffman, click here.