Shaun White has pulled out of the slopestyle event being held at Sochi Winter Olympics 2014.
Shaun White decided to drop out of the Sochi Winter Olympics 2014 event after jamming his wrist on the practice course. He also saw several other athletes injure themselves while riding down the course. White said that he would rather focus on winning his third-consecutive gold medal in the halfpipe event than risk both events due to an injury, reports The Boston Herald.
“There are definitely concerns about the course,” White told The Boston Herald. “It’s been interesting to see how it’s developed and changed over the past couple days. The big question is if it will continue to change.”
Other snowboarders attending Sochi Winter Olympics 2014 that were injured on the course include Finland’s Marika Enne, who fell and hit her head and had to carried off the course in a stretcher, and Norway’s Torstein Horgmo, who broke his collarbone, reports ESPN.
More Winter Olympic News
- Lindsey Vonn Withdraws From 2014 Winter Olympics
- Yahoo, NBC Sign Digital Deal for 2014 Winter Olympics
- Ralph Lauren Opening Ceremony Uniforms for 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics
- PHOTO: Twitter Titters Over Sochi Olympics Twin Toilets Fail
- Sochi Olympics Terror Threat Deemed a Hoax
- U.S. Includes Gay Athletes in Russian Olympics Delegation