Consumer Reports has released the results of its annual Car-Brand Perception Survey. The survey was conducted by telephone and included 1,578 adults that lived in households that owned at least one car. Scores given to each of the brands were based off of answers given to seven categories and were rounded to the nearest whole number.
- Toyota Motors (TM) — Toyota took the top spot with a score of 145.
- Ford Motors (F) — Ford grabbed the second spot on the list with a score of 120.
- Honda Motors (HMC) — Honda won the third spot on the list with a score of 109.
- Chevrolet — General Motors’ (GM) Chevrolet earned the fourth spot on the list with a score of 105.
- Tesla Motors (TSLA) — Tesla came in fifth with a score of 88.
To see more about the Car-Brand Perception Survey, including the five worst auto brands, click here.
TM stock was up 2% as of Wednesday afternoon.