Subway came under fire after Food Babe blogger Hari pointed out that the restaurant chain uses azodicarbonamide it its bread. Azodicarbonamide is a chemical that helps bread store longer and makes it easier to work. It also happens to appear products like yoga mats and flip-flops to give them that spongy feel. Now Environmental Working Group has collected a list of 500 other foods that use the yoga mat chemical.
Here are five foods that contain azodicarbonamide.
- Betty Crocker — Azodicarbonamide can be found in the General Mills (GIS) owned brand’s Pasta Caesar Salad and Suddenly Pasta/Caesar Salad.
- Hungry-Man — The Roasted Carved White Meat Turkey meal from Hungry-Man contains the yoga mat chemical.
- Jimmy Dean — Lots of Jimmy Dean products, including its French Toast Griddlers and Delights Honey Wheat Flatbread meals, have azodicarbonamide in them.
- Kroger (KR) — Kroger brand white bread and hamburger buns also have azodicarbonamide.
- Little Debbie — Several of the company’s snacks contain the yoga mat chemical.
Click here to see the full list of 500 foods that contain the yoga mat chemical.
More Azodicarbondamide News
- Azodicarbonamide Offenders: Subway Isn’t the Only One …
- Subway Will Remove ‘Yoga Mat’ Chemical From Bread After Protest