American Bitcoin Exchange CEO Autumn Radtke Found Dead
by Christopher Freeburn | March 6, 2014 10:19 am
On Thursday, police in Singapore said that the death of a bitcoin exchange CEO did not appear to be suspicious.
Autumn Radtke, a 28-year-old American living in Singapore, was found dead outside her apartment building on Feb 26. Radtke was the CEO of bitcoin exchange First Meta. Police have classified Radtke’s death as “unnatural,” suggesting that they suspect it resulted from an accident or suicide, the Associated Press notes.
In a statement, First Meta expressed shock and sadness over Radtke’s death.
Radtke’s death comes as bitcoin, a virtual currency traded via online exchanges, has been battered by news of the collapse of the prominent Mt. Gox exchange, which has filed for bankruptcy protection, claiming that it lost more than $400 million worth of bitcoins.
More Bitcoin News:
- What We’ve Learned From the Bitcoin Bust
- Bitcoin News: First Bitcoin ATMs Coming to Several U.S. Cities
- Bitcoin News: Hackers Steal $2.7M Worth of Bitcoin
- did not appear to be suspicious: http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/ceo-of-bitcoin-exchange-found-dead-in-singapore/2014/03/06/7649bc60-a4f3-11e3-b865-38b254d92063_story.html
- [Image]: http://investorplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Bitcoins.jpg
- Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/94480396@N03/9527545619/in/photolist-fvVanV-c7TeVY-e9SmUj-e9LG7B-e9LGa4-e9SmRY-gGPW7Z-gGHPHM-gGGQdP-gGQRbT-gGQT8b-gGPuRZ-gGGMyR-gGKKiy-gGKsRe-gGQCfz-gGHfXQ-gGKoCd-gGQPhA-gGQDZA-gGH99t-gGPa8F-gGQSLZ-gGKzwE-gGQnoQ-gGPF17-gGQPTn-gGLhKP-gGGKoY-gGQ2SN-gGQtjt-gGQF5G-gGQzK3-gGPnUw-gGHFex-gGRdyn-gGRmkp-gGQVp2-gGQLQD-gGKkDN-gGKCVU-gGQL7s-gGKQah-gGRhjt-gGQy8N-gGR1Rz-gGPGh3-gGKSvt-gGNZGf-gGQ8T2-gGQUSJ
- which has filed for bankruptcy protection: http://investorplace.com/2014/02/bitcoin-news-mt-gox-exchange-files-bankruptcy/
- What We’ve Learned From the Bitcoin Bust: http://investorplace.com/2014/02/bitcoin-fb-mt-gox/
- Bitcoin News: First Bitcoin ATMs Coming to Several U.S. Cities: http://investorplace.com/2014/02/bitcoin-news-bitcoin-atms/
- Bitcoin News: Hackers Steal $2.7M Worth of Bitcoin: http://investorplace.com/2014/02/bitcoin-news-hackers-steal-2-7m-worth-bitcoin/
Source URL: http://investorplace.com/2014/03/american-bitcoin-exchange-ceo-autumn-radtke-found-dead/
Short URL: http://invstplc.com/1f1px4B
Copyright ©2016 InvestorPlace Media, LLC. All rights reserved. 700 Indian Springs Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601.